- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
Combine the garlic, paprika, chipotle chili, lime juice, tequila, one teaspoon cumin and two tablespoons of oil in a bowl. Add beef, turn to coat, then cover and chill for three hours so it can marinate.
- Bring the beef to room temperature and preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Combine oil, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl, season, then brush over the sweet potato. Bake on a tray for 25 minutes or until tender.
- As you do that, drain the beef. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over high heat, then cook the beef, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in the oven at least 15 minutes for rare or longer to your liking. Remove from the oven and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- For the hot sauce, preheat your grill to high. Grill capsicum and jalapeno, turning for 3-4 minutes until the skins are blackened and blistered. Transfer to a plastic bag, or place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, then set aside to cool. Remove the skins and seeds, then cut the flesh into thick strips. Transfer to a food processor with tomato sauce, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili powder and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Whiz until smooth. Reheat before serving.
- Slice the beef and serve it with your hot sauce, sweet potato wedges and tomato salsa.
You might also like: Start An Indoor Herb Garden
Easy To Make
This dish is easy to make. Your prep time is only 10 minutes and the total cook time is only 50 minutes. There are 19 ingredients in Mexican Roast Beef with Hot Sauce and Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges. If you happen to be driving a new car you purchased at Amigo Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, well, here’s hoping you don’t have all 19 ingredients on hand. A trip to the store is a great excuse to cruise around in your new ride.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.