When you’re planning your work wardrobe, check out these stylish capsule wardrobe ideas by Stitch Fix. A capsule wardrobe is a collection of clothing that allows you to create a series of different looks with a smaller selection of clothes. The important factor to consider when creating a capsule wardrobe is to make sure you have quality, versatile, tailored pieces that can be styled in a variety of ways season after season. You’ll want to focus on clothes that are interchangeable and that don’t go out of style. Owning a capsule wardrobe has several benefits: you’ll have less decision fatigue, you can afford nicer pieces, and you’ll spend less time in the closet.
Capsule Wardrobe Necessities
- Find A Neutral Button-Down Shirt – You’ll want to have a versatile button-down top; consider splurging on a silk blouse for women or a cotton silk blouse for men. Focus on neutral shades like grey, black, cream, navy, or white. This is a timeless top that can be styled over and over again.
- Choose Solid Colored Tops – Try to find solid-colored blouses that flatter your skin tone and cater to your body shape. Solid-colored tops have more versatility; you can dress them casually or professionally.
- Have A Knit Sweater – When winter arrives, you’ll want a cozy, warm, knit sweater that works with your wardrobe. You’ll also want to ensure you have one to three knit sweaters that vary in color and pattern.
- You’ll Need A Black Jacket Or Blazer – You’ll take your wardrobe from basic to boss with a black jacket or blazer that fits you in all the right places. The jacket or blazer should be snug across the shoulders, have a tapered fit, and doesn’t restrict your arms.
- Stay Grounded With Neutral Trousers – Find trousers that are neutral colored and can be coupled with blouses, button-ups, and fitted blazers. Find colors like navy, black, or brown. Neutral-colored trousers can be paired with booties, pumps, or dress shoes.
- Add Flair With A Dress – For women, you’ll want to consider adding neutral and bold-colored dresses so you can pair them with blazers and pumps. You may also want to invest in a little black dress, a staple item in every woman’s closet.
You May Also Like: Jargon Lesson On Jeep Lingo
Dress Professional With These Tips
If you are wanting to consolidate to a capsule wardrobe, then try to focus on clearing clothes out of your closet. Clear out clothes that don’t fit, that you no longer wear, are stained or damaged, or don’t work with your skin tone or body type. When it comes time to organizing the clothes in your closet that you are going to keep, you’ll want to categorize clothes by bottoms, coats and jackets, denim, dresses and jumpsuits, tees and tanks, sweaters, and tops and blouses.
Remember to focus on choosing clothing for your capsule wardrobe that is functional and versatile. Make sure to think of the clothing weight, physical attributes, and fabric when styling clothes. Now, get dressed in the morning with confidence!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.