Halloween is the ultimate fun holiday for kids and adults alike. Although, with all the candy, costumes, and trick-or-treating, it’s important to remember that safety should always come first. From protecting your children from being separated from their parents to making sure they have enough light to see at night, with the help of our friends from at Safe Kids Worldwide, we’ve compiled this list of 10 tips to keep your kids safe throughout the fall holiday season.
Be Safe When Walking
- When crossing the street, use a crosswalk and traffic signals. Before proceeding, look left, right, and left again. Keep a constant eye on your surroundings.
- Be sure your children know to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- If you see a car backing up or turning, stay alert. Never let your children dart across a street or cross between parked cars.
- Remember: Walking on a sidewalk or path is always safer. Facing traffic as far as you can is the safest alternative.
- Walk, don’t run, across the street. Keep your eyes up, and all your electronic devices put down.
Safety Tips for Halloween Costumes
- Reflective tape and light-colored materials can help costumes and bags become more visible, and choose light-colored materials for higher visibility.
- To further enhance visibility, encourage kids to carry glow sticks or flashlights.
- You might want to consider face paint instead of masks since they can block a child’s vision.
You might also like: Should I Repair Or Trade In My Vehicle?
Take Extra Precautions When Driving on Halloween
- Driving in residential neighborhoods should be done at a slower pace. Children may act erratically on Halloween due to excitement.
- You should remove any distractions, such as the phone, from your car while driving to keep yourself focused.
The month of October brings with it excitement, treats, and lots of fun for kids. When this time of year arrives, you want your children to have a good time while avoiding harmful situations. While many new cars are equipped with pedestrian detection systems designed to help drivers avoid such dangers, you can’t be certain that everyone on the road has a vehicle equipped with these life saving devices. Discover more about these amazing technological advancements by visiting Amigo Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM today!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.